Saturday, April 4, 2015

Gluten Free Playdough


Keeping my boys busy is a full time job. Since it is Easter weekend, I wanted to make the weekend fun and focus on activities related to Easter.
I had some Easter cookie cutters that I thought would be fun to use with playdough. I decided to mix up a batch of homemade gluten free playdough. M needs to taste everything so I wanted it to be safe for him. 


 B was my helper. He poured everything from the measuring cups into the bowl and helped stir. First we added the corn flour and salt. Then we poured the warm water in and stirred it up. After the water was mixed in, we finished mixing with our hands. It was soft and the perfect texture. 


They played with the playdough for a while and then I decided to add some colors. I used food coloring. I rolled about one third of the playdough into a ball and put an indent in the middle with my finger. I put 1 drop of red food coloring into the hole, then covered it over, knead carefully and you can color the playdough without coloring yourself. Then I repeated with blue and green. The result was pretty pastel colors. B mixed all the colors together to make pastel playdough, perfect for Easter. 


M only playdough for a few minutes. After he tasted it, he decided since it wasn't good enough to eat he didn't want to play. B on the other hand, played for a good hour. Finally, something to keep his attention for more than 30 seconds.

Gluten Free Playdough

1 1/2 cups corn flour
1/2 cup salt
1 cup warm tap water

Pour flour and salt in a large bowl. Add warm water stirring well. Knead dough and play. If dough is sticky, add more flour. Color if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment