Friday, April 3, 2015

Homemade Easter Chocolates


These chocolates are so cute I wanted to share again for anyone looking for an allergy free chocolate option this Easter. 


Last year M was only 7 months old at Easter and it was the same time that we learned about his allergies, so I didn't worry about chocolate for his Easter basket. This year, I wanted to make some small chocolates to fit inside plastic Easter eggs for hiding and also make a larger Easter bunny for his basket. 


Here are the molds that I have for Easter. I couldn't find any large bunny molds so I found the green mold at Dollarama. The other two I have had for years but have never used them before.


In a medium pot, I placed 1 tbsp canola oil and 1/2 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips (this is the only brand M can eat). I melted the chocolate on medium until smooth stirring constantly. It only takes a couple of minutes so watch it so it don't burn.


Next, I poured the chocolate into the molds.
I made two batches of chocolate, the first I used pure chocolate. The second, I separated in half and mixed 1/4 shredded coconut in half of chocolate and the other half I mixed in 1/4 cup of granola (I used Enjoy Life Very Berry Crunch). 



No comments:

Post a Comment